You should not take MS Contin 30mg if you have severe asthma or breathing problems, a blockage in your stomach or intestines, or a bowel obstruction called paralytic ileus.
Before using MS Contin 30mg
You should not take MS Contin 30mg if you have ever had an allergic reaction to morphine or other narcotic medicines, or if you have:
- severe asthma or breathing problems;
- a blockage in your stomach or intestines; or
- a bowel obstruction called paralytic ileus.
- Do not use MS Contin 30mg if you have used a MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur. MAO inhibitors include isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, tranylcypromine, and others.
To make sure MS Contin 30mg is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
- any type of breathing problem or lung disease
- a history of head injury, brain tumor, or seizures;
- a history of drug abuse, alcohol addiction, or mental illness;
- urination problems;
- liver or kidney disease; or
- problems with your gallbladder, pancreas, or thyroid.